Wednesday, July 15, 2009

If All my Dreams Came True....

This is what my life would look like if all of my dreams in life(that I can think of right now)came true.

1. My best friend Lacey and her beautiful family would move to Washington and we would live next door to each other forever. Our kids would be best friends forever. We would go through ups and downs together which would only make our friendship stronger. We would have coffee every morning after we put the kids on the bus to school. Josh, her, my future husband, and I would go on double dates. Our husbands would be good friends, and we would always be in each other lives.

2. I would get my Masters in Social Work degree and a Bacholers Degree in Child Psychology. I would go to work everyday, working for the State of Washington DSHS, and I would help take children out of horrible environments and give them a new chance at life. I would also talk to the parents of the children who were taken away and assist them in getting the help they need to be better inviduals and parents. Another part of my job would be talking to the children who were taken out of the unhealthy homes and help them realize how special and important they are, and answer all of their questions that they may have.

3. I would marry the man that I had always been waiting for my entire life. We would love each other, care about each other, have fun and laugher be a big part of our relationship and life, and honesty be the center of our relationship. We would have the same beliefs and rely on God for all of our needs and thank Him for all our celebrations and blessings. We would teach our children about the Lord, take them to church, and show them the love of Jesus through the way we treat each other.

4. Once I marry the man who was made for me and we start a family, I would take a couple years off to raise our children, which we would probably have 2, maybe 3 at the most. After the children were in school, I would go back to work as a social worker in order to be able to send our children to private school. We would have family dinners together every night and discuss our days with our children and each other. We would always try to maintain a strong family bond. We would teach our children, through telling them about the mistakes we had made in the past, what to avoid. We would encourage our children in all their talents and interests they became interested in, whether that being soccer or chess.

5. Backing up a little bit, once we got married, I would love to take a honeymoon to Maui, only because it is the most romantic place I have ever been in my entire life. We would look at the sights, swim and snorkle in the ocean, enjoy fabulous dinners, and watch the sunsets every night together.

6. I know there will always be hard times in everyones life at some point, but my husband would be a very determined, non-lazy, hard working man who would contribute to our household. I would also work too, but I would never want to be the only person working my entire marriage. I need a partner in all areas of marriage, and that includes financial teamwork as well.

7. We would have family vacations to Disneyland once the children were old enough to enjoy it and tall enough to ride all the rides. My husband and I would also take atleast one, maybe two vacations alone without the kids...probably with Josh and Lacey.

8. My parents and my husbands parents would ALWAYS be a huge part of our lives. We would have Sunday dinner all together every other Sunday night. They would have great, close relationships with their grandkids.

9. We would be financially stable enough to buy a new house or car when the one we currently owned was no longer big or suitable for us.

10. I would never want to worry about serious problems between my husband and I, I mean the serious enough problems that lead to thinking about divorce. Divorce is NOT an option for me once I marry someone, so if we were having problems we would have open communication, trust, patience, and love for each other even in the midst of the problems.

11. We would have a couple of animals. I would love to adopt an older big shelter dog like a lab or something. Also, I would love to give my kids an animal of their own (once they are old enough to take care of it) so they learn to take care of something else.


Bottom Line: I just want to have a happy life where I know that I am at peace with the choices that I make, and that I rely on the Lord for my strength and wisdom. I know that life isnt always going to be butterflies and sunshine, but I firmly believe that the good times should ALWAYS outweigh the bad TENFOLD.

WHAT WOULD IT LOOK LIKE IF ALL YOUR DREAMS CAME TRUE??

2 comments:

Watkins Clan said...

That was beautiful. I miss washington so much. I also am getting my degree in social psych, we have a lot of the same dreams and values. I think family is top priority, family dinners are extremely important!! Extended family and friends are a must!! Love you girl

Watkins Clan said...

Read what you wrote again.... out loud and ask yourself, is my relationship matching up to this? And can I settle for less?