Saturday, June 20, 2009

Are We or Aren't We??

Okay so today was a pretty good day. I shopped with Jody, Dorin, and Tanner and had some fun. It was nice.

Anyway, my dad was talking to me last night about how he is going to retire in like 4 years and he wants me to take over the house...the only things I would have to pay is the property taxes, electric, and whatever else (no morgage though, its paid off). The total per month would probably be like $300 each month for a 3 bedroom, 2 bath house. Not to mention, I LOVE this house, its the house I have grown up most of my life in and I really consider it HOME.

Anyway, he said I would need a guy to live here with me to do the outside work (we have 2 acres), clean the gutters, and just keep the outside nice. I mentioned Dorin and he said, "Yeah, but this isnt going to be for like 3-4 years." Its like he didnt know if I would even be with Dorin then.

Then I had the same conversation with Jody tonight and when I mentioned that it was 3 years away she made some kind of comment about whether or not Dorin and I would even be together then. It just kind of sucks.

It seems like our parents believe we will not end up together, and maybe they are right, but atleast dont be rude about it.

Dorin STILL isnt working and I really cant handle it much longer. His motivation to work is like ZERO. His constant excuses are that "the economy is bad" and "My lisense is suspended because Im behind on my child support, how would I get to work?"....blah, blah, blah.

In my mind, if you want a job bad enough, you do whatever it takes to get a job....but obviously he is not in that frame of mind.

Personally, I am happy with the way my life is going. Ive been clean for almost a full year now, I have alot of savings, Im about to get a checking account again, I am planning on getting a one bedroom appartment in October once my brother gets home from Alaska (because Im not sleeping on my dads couch again). In my mind, I will do anything to continue to make money in order to fulfill my plans and dreams. Im going back to school, etc. Dorin is OBVIOUSLY not on the same page.

I am thinking about my FUTURE....I dont see how Dorin can be thinking and PLANNING for the future at all with how he is acting.

Whatever. I have no idea, with the way things are going right now, if we will still be together when I move back into this house as my OWN....but if we arent together, Im sure I can find a male roommate to help out with the yarkwork and stuff.

1 comment:

Watkins Clan said...

Uh oh.. this sounds like a similar conversation we had about 4 months ago when you guys broke up for a while.... so what's your flight information? I'm excited to see you!! And I'm sure Royce will be too... she just doesn't know it yet :)