Thursday, November 27, 2008

A Nice Night

Well, tonight was actually a really good night with Dorin and his parents, including his mom. Well, when I went to bed last night I decided that I wasn't going to contact Dorin or reply to any of his texts or answer any of his phone calls because I was still really irritated how our night ended last night, but when I woke up this morning I kind of had a new outlook and thought that if he contacted me that I would probably end up hanging out with him.

Well as soon as he got home we text messaged me and asked me what I was doing and asked me if I wanted to come over. I decided that I did want to see him so I took a shower, hung out with my family for a little bit, did a bit of chores, and then headed to his house.

It was so nice when I first got there because no one was home except Dorin, so we had a few hours alone together that we seriously desperately needed. It was so nice, no fighting, nice conversation, and lots of snuggling. By the way, he is the best cuddling partner in the world. =)

After a few hours Dorin decided that he was hungry and had an idea to go get a pizza or something for dinner, but his parents weren't home from work yet so he called his mom to see if she would like pizza for dinner. She told him that her and his dad were going to meet for dinner at a local italian restaurant for dinner and Dorin said that he and I would just come up there for dinner. And she was fine with that.

Oh yeah, and I forgot to mention, right before we left for dinner, Dorin suprised me with an early Christmas present which was a very nice jacket that I absolutely LOVE. Its white and green, and green has really become my favorite color lately so that just made it all the more wonderful. Plus, I really think that I look the best in green, so that made me even happier. Plus, it was the same jacket that I saw a couple of months ago that I absolutely loved and he remembered and when and bought it for me. The only downside to the jacket is that it is a large, but it fits me perfectly. When I was on the wrong path and was abusing painkillers I was so much smaller than I am now (atleast 15 pounds lighter) and back then I could have easilyfit into a medium no problem. But like I have said 100 times since I have been clean, I would rather be chunky than a drug addict with no personality or future. But again, it was just a reminder that I no longer have that slimmer figure that I once had.

Anyway, we preceded to dinner. The way to dinner (which is only a 10 minute drive) was wonderful. We had great conversation with no arguing, it was like we were back to being ourselves again.

When we got to dinner and found his parents sitting at the back of the resturant. They had already ordered but Jodi asked our waitress if we could get 2 more menus. I politely corrected her and said that we would only need one since I wasn't hungry. Dorin ordered his favorite meal in the world, Chicken Fetticcine Alfredo.

The conversation at dinner was wonderful. Jodi and I got along really well and talked about numerous things. She even offered to let me help her make some Thanksgiving dinner and a pie. She was very generous. She is an excellent cook and I felt really special when she offered to help me, since I don't really know how to cook. We also all talked about Tanner of course, and what I should get him for Christmas. I was planning on getting him alot of new books since he loves them, but I found out that Jodi had already gotten him alot of new books so I was kind of back at sqaure one. But she also gave me alot of ideas of other things I could get him, and also told me that I could also get him other books and that she would show me everything she has gotten him tomorrow.

Overall it was a very nice dinner.

After dinner Dorin and I went to Walmart for about an hour to just look around at toys and other things for Christmas. We didn't but anything since we are going to do alot of our shopping the day after Thanksgiving. But it was just nice to walk around with him, talk about things we liked and didn't like, and just overall have a nice time bonding together.

I am thinking that I have really had a really bad attitude over the past couple of weeks. Jodi has definately tried to include me in everything, and has been nothing but extremely nice to me, and I really need to give her respect and kindness in return. It's just scary because we have gotten along like this before and it seems like all of a sudden she will just stop being friendly and nice and treat me like I mean nothing again. I really hope that that doesn't happen again, but one can only hope, right?

After Dorin and I got home, his parents were already in bed so we watched the Barbara Walters special with President-Elect Barack Obama and his wife Michelle. Dorin never used to be into politics at all, but now it seems like he is interested in it, and I love that about him. He is never selfish when it comes to the TV. He always watchs whatever I want to watch for the most part, and he never complains. He has faithfully watched Greys Anatomy (my alltime favorite show) with me every single week since we have started dating. Greys Anatomy is not at all his favorite show, but he has gotten somewhat into it since we have started watching it together.

Dorin is an amazing man, and a great companion. I know that I have my gripes about him sometimes, but I really need to realize more often that he is so sweet, caring, loving, and very unselfish. He never puts himself first. He loves me for who I am. I never have to pretend to be someone I'm not when I am with him. He is my very best friend, and I love him more than anything.

He has also given me the special privilage of helping him raise his young son, who in my opinion, is the most special, precious, and adorable person this world has ever known. I know I will be in Tanners life forever, and the only person I have to thank for that is Dorin. I am so blessed that even though I have traveled down paths I never should have gone on, he has helped me back to the straight and narrow life that I love so much. He never cuts me down or gives me a guilt trip about my past, he is just proud of me and the woman that I have started to become over these last 5 months.

I will never go back to that horrible, dark life of addiction. And my prayer is that one day, somehow I can atleast help one person by sharing my story of where I was, and where I have broughten myself to now.

No comments: