Saturday, December 6, 2008

Staying Positive

Okay so I have thinking alot lately...mostly about my negative attitude about eveything, but mostly the Jody situation.

Bottom Line, I need to stop.

I have so many amazing blessings in my life, and I need to start focusing completely on them, and to be honest, although I complain about her alot, Jody is one of those blessings. She is a huge source of advice and support.

The past couple days have been awesome and I have decided to stop "competing" with her, and just try to make her happy, because even though her opinions might not mesh with mine, it always turns out to be a better situation when I just go with the flow and not fight it.

Dorin and I have decided that him, I, and Tanner will all wear Red instead of Green in our Christmas pictures, not because that is what Jody wants, but we went to like 3 different stores and they really didn't have many cute green shirts for neither Dorin, I or Tanner. Plus, Tanner and I already had red shirts we could wear in the picture so all we had to get was Dorins shirt, which we purchased tonight while Christmas shopping.

Dorin and I had a wonderful night tonight. We went Christmas shopping for a while and then came home and Tanner was already there because Jody picked him up from daycare. The poor little guy is still not feeling very well so he was very clingy...especially to me, which I didn't mind, but by the end of the night I felt like my arm was going to fall off from holding him for like 5 hours straight.

It was so sweet though, I could tell he was really tired at about 8pm but he was completely fighting it. So, I took him in Dorins room alone, and just held him standing up. He fussed for like 30 seconds and then he just put his head on my shoulder and I just rocked back and forth, rubbed his back, and sang him "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" (one of his favorite songs). No joke, Dorin came in about 1 minute later, and I immediately motioned to Dorin to not talk or anything (thinking that Tanner was not asleep yet, since it had only been MAYBE 1 minute since he laid his head on my shoulder) and Dorin came over to me, looked at Tanner, and said, "He's asleep." I was like, "Are you serious?!?!". I can't believe he fell asleep so fast, so I just layed him down in our bed and he has been sleeping ever since.

I love my family, I mean I know they are not my "official" family yet, but I consider Dorin and Tanner my family. They are the closest people to me, and the people that I am going to spend forever with, so to me, they are my family.

I am so blessed by being with such an amazingly supportive guy who puts up with all my complaints sometimes. He just listens, just like I need him to. I tell him and other people all the time that he was seriously "custom made" for me. And I seriously believe that. Also, I am also so blessed to be able to take part in raising the most amazing little boy God has ever created. He amazes me and cracks me up everyday, and I could never see my life without either him or Dorin again.

I'm so happy for my New Forever!

1 comment:

Watkins Clan said...

Yep, count your blessings not your misfortunes. Maybe if you looked at the situation with Jody different... try to put yourself in her shoes... maybe it will at a minimum relieve some conflict