Monday, December 1, 2008

Dinner and Dessert




Most of today was stressful. One of my absolute best friends is in town from Utah with her husband and 3 step children (who I hadn't met yet) for the Thanksgiving weekend. Well I have been working double shifts so much lately that I had to try to get someone to cover my night shift tonight so our families could have dinner and dessert together.

One of my wonderful co-workers said she would work for me if she did not get called in to work tonight, but of course she did get called in so I had to rush up to work and see if anyone would be willing to work a double (this is after calling everyone from work that I had programmed into my phone). Finally I convinced my co-worker Kristen to work a very short shift for me tonight, plus I agreed to pay her $40 for doing it since she really didn't want to.

Anyway, all that stress and that loss of $40 was completely worth it! I had such a great night with Lacey, her husband Josh, his 3 children Dallen, Brianna, and Kylee, Laceys parents, our mutual friend Laura, Dorin, Tanner and I. We had such an awesome time. We had very yummy spaghetti for dinner and then I brought chocolate cake and ice cream for dessert.

It was first and for most so amazing and awesome to see Lacey again, I haven't seen in her in over 2 years. Plus she just found out a few weeks ago that she and Josh are expecting their first child!! I am SO excited for them! Plus the thought of my little Lacey having a baby just brings tears to my eyes.

Tanner was of course shy at first, but he warmed up to everyone as usual. We all sat around and talked about everything and anything. I just can't express how NEEDED it was. I missed her so much, and I loved meeting Josh and the kids. I really like her hubby Josh too, he seems like a really awesome and personable guy...and he even got Dorin to talk which is a huge bonus for Josh because Dorin is really shy.

Right before we were getting ready to leave Lacey and I were talking inside and Josh and Dorin went outside for a little bit and talked guy talk. It made me so happy that Dorin talked guy talk to one of my best friends husbands!

On our way home Dorin even said that we wanted to go visit them sometime in the next year or so...and I was so happy and suprised by that! He and Josh I think share an interest in Jeeps, which can keep Dorin talking for hours.

Overall, I loved tonight and I just wish I could have spent more time with Lacey. I'm so happy though because she will be home again in the Spring for her baby shower...where I will probably buy her so many presents they probably won't even all fit in the car! =)

I will post pictures from tonight tomorrow. I accidentally left my camera in Tanners diaper bag at Dorins house.






No comments: